Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I bought a dishwasher power cord to attach to a new

Customer Question

I bought a dishwasher power cord to attach to a new dishwasher. The power cord has the green ground wire but there's no ring terminal attached to the ground wire. Can I wrap the copper wire of the ground wire around ground screw below the washer on the screw?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Yes, there should be a green screen either in the wiring compartment or close to the outside of the compartment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a green ground wire already connected to the connector box from the dishwasher. But I also have green ground wire that is part of the power cord that does not have a ring terminal at the end of it. Do I need the ring terminal or can I just wrap the wire around the grounds screw?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
M.y basic question is does a ground wire need a ring terminal to work correctly?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Wrap it around the screw or attach it with a wire nut to the green wire and a short wire to the screw. A stranded wire can use a forked wire crimp. It would slip under the other connection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll wrap the copper ground wire around the ground screw. Not sure how to hold the copper wire in place though.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Wrap around the screw and tighten it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Anytime, you're welcome.