Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I recently bought an IPL machine. The power specs are as

Customer Question
I recently bought an IPL...
I recently bought an IPL machine. The power specs are as follows:
Power:1000W
Input Voltage: 110V+-10% 50Hz-60Hz;220V+-10% 50Hz-60Hz
When I plug it into my outlet, the power button glows faintly but when I turn the key to actually power up the machine, nothing happens. I'm thinking that it is not getting enough power. Any advice? Could this be plugged into an outlet with greater power such as the one for my range? It looks like it has a NEMA 10-50 receptacle.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
7/29/2016
Electrician: Brian H, Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Brian H
Brian H, Master Electrician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. What is the voltage of the outlet that your plugging into?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a standard household outlet....110v?

A NEMA 10-50R (receptacle) is a 250 volt 50 amp device. If the cord / plug on the machine is plugged into a standard household receptacle the input voltage on your machine will be the 110V+-10% 50 Hz-60Hz setting. There may a switch or some other way on your machine to select the voltage input if it is not done automatically.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is only the main power toggle and then a key you have to turn

Are you able to send a pic of the plug end at the end of the cord?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I added pics of the plug, the main power switch, and the key switch

Thank you for the information. After reviewing the images the IPL unit is wired for 100-110V only. The correct cord is connected to the unit. If you have a 2 wire voltage tester I would check if you have 110 volts at the outlet it is being plugged into. If not, try plugging the unit into a known working outlet. If the unit still doesn't power up the next step would be to contact the manufacturer.

Please let me know if this solution helped you.

Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks.....I have tried it in several outlets throughout my apartment and get the same response.

OK thank you for letting me know.

Please don't forget to rate my assistance. Have a great day.

Brian

Brian H
Brian H
Brian H, Master Electrician