Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have a commercial refrigerator in my garage in Haubstadt,

Customer Question

i have a commercial refrigerator in my garage in Haubstadt, IN and i'm being told that i have to have it plugged into a GFI. is this correct?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Depends upon which code cycle of the National Electrical Code that the home was built to and any local electrical codes that are in place..

2) If the receptacle is not readily accessible and the home was built prior to the 2011 NEC, then GFCI protection is not necessary. If the home was built to the 2011 or 2014 NEC, then GFCI protection is required.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks............Kevin:)