Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Somewhere in the circuit you have a loose wire. Could be a faulty splice or at a device back-stab connection.
2) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or an AC multi-meter available?
3) How many lights? Are the lights all ceiling mounted type or any plug-in table lamps?
4) How many wall switches control the lights? Are the wall switches single pole or 3-way types?
Thanks for the replies.
1) In order to locate the problem, you will need a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or a multi-meter. Get a tester and we can continue.
2) Perhaps you can borrow a tester from a neighbor or a friend? If not, Home Depot or Lowe's sell multi-meters for around $25 or less.