How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 1425
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On our ceiling fan, there is a metal piece that goes over

Customer Question

On our ceiling fan, there is a metal piece that goes over the lightbulb socket and covers the base of the halogen bulb. I can't seem to find a perfect match for the replacement of the bulb, they all seem to be a little too big to fit inside the metal piece to screw into the socket. I was thinking about just removing the metal piece but Im afraid it's perhaps an insulator. Theres no cardboard, just metal. If its just esthetics, great, but I want to be sure! I have pictures. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi would you be so kind as to upload the pictures I would like to be sure