Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I turned off the GFCI switch to replace the filter in my hot

Customer Question

Hi, I turned off the GFCI switch to replace the filter in my hot tub, but the switch will not click back on.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 30 minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Over time and conditions the breaker reset may hang up. You'll need to first make sure you push the handle fully to the off position and the to on. If that doesn't work, bigerously flip the handle back and fort to see if it resets. If it still doesn't reset, remove the breaker and hit the sides of it with a screwdriver handle while operating the handle. Don't hit it too hard. Let me know how you do.