How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7531
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1950s home, that has the low voltage light

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1950s home , that has the low voltage light switching system. It is working just fine (today) over the years and several owns and renovating the transformer has been covered up. Is there a device that I can locate the transformer with. I know which circuit feeds power to it.
If it were to fail could I go to where I can access the low voltage wires and install a new transformer. I think its 24 volt.
thanks Del
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Usually the transformer is located close to the low voltage relay panel if not attached to it.