How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher Morrell Your Own Question
Christopher Morrell
Christopher Morrell,
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Electrician at R&R Emerson Design, LLC
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Christopher Morrell is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to run power from my house to outside and down to a

Customer Question

Hi... I want to run power from my house to outside and down to a decking area. I've been told I can come of the back of a plug in the kitchen into an outhouse that is on the kitchen side outside. I want to put everything in place and just get an electrician to hook it up to the power so I want to know what to do? I've bought 15 meters of armoured 4mm 3core cable to run down under the ground to the decking. I'd like to connect this to 2 water proof sockets by the decking so I connect my led strip lights and have a spare plug. Down to the house is like to have a double socket inside the outhouse and then can I run normal electrical cable through the out house to the house where the electrician can connect to the back of the kitchen socket? What products will I need to complete this and how do I connect everything (except to kitchen socket power).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Christopher Morrell replied 1 year ago.

you need EMT Conduit equal to the distance from the kitchen box to the outdoor sockets except where you run through and enclosed wall. The proper protective weatherproof cover for the sockets you are going to add. and possibly a larger replacement breaker since you will be pulling more amps to the sockets through the original kitchen socket.

Expert:  Christopher Morrell replied 1 year ago.

Also the couplings that match with the outdoor switch boxes and size of EMT, which you will probably only need 1/2" EMT.

Expert:  Christopher Morrell replied 1 year ago.

You will also nee wire nuts to connect to existing cable from kitchen outlet and to jumper off to any additional outlets. Of course if you are hiring an electrician he should have all the material he need on hand if he is worth anything. If you have the sockets and the boxes to install them in you should be good and set up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the electrician is good but wanted to save money by buying everything myself and wiring it all up except to the power outlet (kitchen socket). I presume when he comes out the back of the kitchen socket he will need to go into a 13amp spur box first? Then connect to Conduit cable to indoor double socket, from indoor socket to armoured cable and finally armoured cable connecting to double outdoor sockets? Anything else I need to know to connect everything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, ignore Skype conversation request! Pressed wrong button!