Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

In state does the 220 electrical panel/disconnect have to be

Customer Question
In Washington state does the...
In Washington state does the 220 electrical panel/disconnect have to be visible from within the hot tub. Or just visible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/30/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Visable from the tub.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Must be visible from all locations in the tub? If you can see it from 1 corner, does that count? What about If you are standing in the tub and can lean over to see it? Any idea why the requirement?

Code says visable but not as specificas what you're asking. If it can be seen fromthe tub, it's acceptable. Required for emergency shut down by anyone using the tub and disconnect under observation while servicing it.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician