Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan Model # 26668, with remote.

Customer Question
I have a Hampton bay...
I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan Model # ***** with remote. I can not get it to reverse, it will change speeds but on/off function and reverse will not work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/26/2016
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Unfortunately, the Hampton Bay remote receivers are pretty prone to failure. They have sensitive electronic components in them, and if any one of these components fails, the receiver will not work properly.

The fact that it changes speeds properly indicates it's not a wiring problem.

I would replace the receiver with a new one, which is available at any local home store. If you live near a Lowe's store, I can recommend a product that customers have had good success with.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a lowes close by, is it a universal remote?

Yes, it is. I believe it's made by Harbor Breeze, if I remember correctly. I haven't had a customer who needed one for quite some time. Would you like a link to the Lowe's product?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please

Certainly. Please stand by for just a moment while I pull that page up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does not have a reverse function according to specs

Sorry about that. Let me find a different one for you.

Would you prefer an exact replacement?

In that case, you have a couple of options. Home Depot can order an exact replacement if they don't have it in stock. Hampton Bay is exclusive to Home Depot. Or, you can contact the folks at www.eceilingfans.com. I can give you their phone number if you would like me to do so. They are an American company, located in Texas.

p>

I need to step out to run a quick errand. I'll be back in about half an hour.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Jason, order one. have a good weekend.

Just to make sure I understand... you are ordering a replacement receiver?

Jason
Jason
Jason, Service Technician