Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Wells LLF 14 deep fryer. It is a 220v. Can I change

Customer Question
Hi I have a Wells...
Hi I have a Wells LLF 14 deep fryer. It is a 220v. Can I change out the cord to 110v or another 220v prong. If so what gauge should wiring be
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/22/2016
Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago
Steven Parent

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist with your electrical questions.

Are you looking to replace the existing cord? Has is become damaged or something like that? Or are you looking to change the end to a different configuration to fit into a receptacle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

A different configuration to fit into a receptacle

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

And what is the voltage/amperage of the receptacle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I would like it to work on a 110v standard receptacle

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

How many watts is this unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I wouldn't know how to tell u. Let me see if I can figure that out through model number

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

When I look up the model it gives me 3 different wattage's

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

The back model tag says 208v 16.3amps and 240v 18.8amps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Here is the exact model with the 4 digit serial number

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

http://imgur.com/p6Tdcbp

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok. So you cannot use this unit on a 120 volt source. The element and other components are all made for 208-240 volts. Running the machine from any other voltage will void warranty, safety requirements, and may cause damage to the unit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

OK so can I use the standard 220v cords they sell at home depot. They have like 2 or 3 different configurations. The same one they use on electric dryers

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

If you want to use that you can, but it will have an extra wire you don't need.

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

All you need a 2 wire 3 pole 30 amp straight blade cord end with #10 awg wire.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

So if I use the dryer cord, Do I eliminate the green connection and connect black and white?

Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 1 year ago

If it's only a 3 wire, then you will use white and black and green will be ground. If it's a 4 wire then black and red, green ground, and white not used.

Mike, Master Electrician