Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I asked a question a while back about getting a replacement

Customer Question
Kevin I asked a question a...
Kevin
I asked a question a while back about getting a replacement for an Emerson SW109 switch. I've determined my 109 has a two wire connection. What switch can I buy to replace the 109?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/18/2016
Electrician: mrromex, Electrical Technician replied 1 year ago
mrromex
mrromex, Electrical Technician

hi this is John and will be glad to help you........since they don't make the 109 model, I will need to know if this switch is being used for a ceiling fan alone or for dual use ceiling fan with a light kit. They make several models.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ceiling and fan

one minute and I will get you the info

there is an emerson model sw 102 which controls both a light and fan however I noticed in your post that there are two wires to the current switch for this fan?

I am asking because there would have to be a wire for the light kit and a wire for the fan as well as a "feed" for the switch

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right now there are two wires coming into the wall control unit. It has a switch on its side that you adjust to a frequency that matches the frequency in the fan
It looks like it's hard to find the original unit

it sounds like the fan is set up with a built in remote unit.......give me a minute

file:///C:/Users/jcath/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/DPYCU0AF/banff.pdf........ click on this link and go to page 12 and see if this is the control you are talking about

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I was unable to open the link

let me try again

sorry let me try something else

I can't find a match to that particular switch and am having problems copy and pasting but I do know that if you replace that switch you may have to replace the remote unit in the fan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will this work with my receiver?

that's what I was saying earlier......I think you would have to change the receiver in the canopy of the fan to accept the new control.......

This control was not being offered as a replacement for the one you currently have but I think it is an alternative along with a new comparable receiver. There is nothing on the internet with your model number so it must be a pretty old ceiling fan.

Is there anything else I can help you with or did I answer your concerns?

just checking in with your ceiling fan switching situation.......please feel free to rate your experience with this site and also please accept my answers.........thanks again......John

going thru my outstanding questions I noticed that you haven't had the opportunity to rate and accept my answers . I would appreciate when you have time to please consider.......thanks John

mrromex
mrromex
mrromex, Electrical Technician