Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model 11288. It is circulating in a clockwise manner, and I'm not feeling any down...

Customer Question
I have a Hampton Bay...
I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model 11288. It is circulating in a clockwise manner, and I'm not feeling any down flow of air. I don't see any adiustment switch to reverse it either.
How do I get it to turn the other way?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/15/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the fan controlled by a remote control or by pull-chains or a wall controller switch?

2) Have you looked at the top of the fan motor housing near the ceiling to see if there is a reverse switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A remote controls it, but there is no reverse on the remote. There is no reverse switch on the top of the fan either.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?

I'm am sorry, but I am unable to locate the model number that you provided. I even checked the Home Depot website.

Do you no longer have the instruction manual available? If the remote does not have a reverse feature, there must be a reverse switch located somewhere at the fan motor housing area. At least all of the hundreds of ceiling fans that I've installed over the years always had the reverse switch located directly on top of the motor housing area.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor