Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am connecting a 3-Prong Dryer Replacement Cord to a

Customer Question
Leviton 30A Surface Mount Power...
I am connecting a 3-Prong Dryer Replacement Cord to a Leviton 30A Surface Mount Power Outlet.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I need to know which wires got to which points in the Surface Mount Power Outlet.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it looks easy. 3 skrews.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can text pictures if that would be helpful.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
6/14/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The 2 hot wires from the circuit will land on the respective brass screws at the receptacle. The 1 white neutral wire will land on the receptacle silver screw.

2) Since the circuit does not contain an equipment grounding conductor, the middle neutral terminal on the rear of the dryer needs to be bonded together with the green frame ground screw located on the dryer using either a supplied jumper strap or a small piece of 10 AWG copper insulated green ground wire.

3) Refer to the diagram shown below:

Reply back and let me know how you make out and if everything is working correctly............Thanks.............Kevin:)

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Thanks...................Kevin:)

Thanks..................Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor