Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Leviton photoelectric switch A377546H8 1E83. It

Customer Question
I have a Leviton photoelectric...
I have a Leviton photoelectric switch A377546H8 1E83.
It switched on when my car entered the garage and switched off every 10 minutes.
I did this for years.
I replaced the incadescent bulbs with led bulbs.
Now the 10 minute shutoff does not work.
Is it something with the led bulbs or did my on auto off switch fail.
I have it set on auto.
Thanks in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
5/31/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I am not able to locate the Leviton model number in any of the databases.

2) Can you temporarily re-install the incandescent bulbs and see if the Occ Sensor is working? I'm thinking it is not compatible with LED light bulbs?

3) Certain models of Occ Sensor switches are not rated and are not compatible with LED bulbs.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Thanks................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor