Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Trying to install a programmable light switch. Switch says

Customer Question
it requires a Line, Load...
Trying to install a programmable light switch. Switch says it requires a Line, Load, Neutral, and a Ground. I only have a black hot wire, and white neutral wire, and a copper bare ground wire.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
5/28/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The wire colors suggest you have what is required unless the white wire was used as a hot wire at a single pole switch. The way to determine that is if the white was attached to the switch, it isn't a neutral

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician