Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

What is the red wire and where does it go? : i HAVE A SINGLE

Customer Question

what is the red wire and where does it go?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i HAVE A SINGLE 3 WAY SWITCH THAT CONTROLS MY OVER SINK LIGHT IN BATH THIS SWITCH IS USED BY PEOPLE COMING IN FROM GREEN BEDROOM.I HAVE A PASS AND SEYMOUR 696 WITH GROUND COMBINATION SINGLE POLE AND THREE WAY SWITCH USED BY PEOPLE COMING FROM GREY BEDROOM. I HAVE ONE WHITE WIRE AND ONE BLACK WIRE AND ONE RED WIRE. HOW DO I CONNECT
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: I ALSO HAVE AN OLD CEILING LIGHT ABOVE THE SHOWER. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DISCONNECTED A WHILE BACK. THERE ARE 2 ADDITIONAL BLACK WIRES CAPPED OFF IN THE BOX COMING IN FROM GREY BEDROOM.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage testers?