Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I purchased a 4 wire fan switch from home depot they hook it

Customer Question
up it didn't work I...
I purchased a 4 wire fan switch from home depot they hook it up it didn't work I need a switch that will work plus color wire to number on switch
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) What type of switch? A pull chain switch for the 3 fan motor speeds?

I recommend that you contact the company shown in the link below. Provide them with the fan manufacturer name and model number and they can provide you with the correct switch.

http://eceilingfans.com/switches_-_pull_chain_-_ceilin.html

Home Depot only sells generic pull chain switches which may not work on your particular fan model.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Thanks............Kevin:)

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor