ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I have a Bridgeport Series I, 220V/6A and 4 wires (1 green,

Customer Question

I have a Bridgeport Series I, 220V/6A and 4 wires (1 green, 1 white, 1 yellow and 1 red); how should I connect them to the circuit breaker, and how many volts should be between the phases?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Is there a Nameplate/Dataplate on the machine? Can you attach picture of same? Picture of junction box where these 4 wires are attached? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have, is a disconnected milling machine, as I have mentioned in my initial message and four wires; but yes in order to give you a better clue, I can send you tomorrow a picture with the name plate of the electric motor that runs the machine, just let me know.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the picture. If you have a single-phase panel, the red and black wire Will Go On a double pole breaker the green wire will go to the Ground Bar and the white wire will go to the neutral bar. Please let me know if you have any further questions thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 3 phase panel and a 30A circuit breaker. My question is: in which order or wire and color is x, y , z plus ground and how many volts should be between the phases for this electric motor?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Black Red White should be L1, L2, & L3 respectively
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Did you make any progress?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only progress I made is to collect the right "ingredients" then to consider the best solution. But thanks dor your suggestion! :-)
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Thanks let me know if you have any questions.