Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

We have 14/2 wire from our electrical panel to a ceiling fan

Customer Question
and light in a bedroom. 14/3...
We have 14/2 wire from our electrical panel to a ceiling fan and light in a bedroom.
14/3 wire from fan/light to double switch box. One switch for fan the other for the light.
is there a way to add a receptable/outlet for the bedroom from the switch box?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
5/17/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Unfortunately no. The 3 wire are all used as hots. The only way possible would be to install a remote for fan operation and changing the white wire to a neutral.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician