How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7485
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: im trying

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: im trying to wire a HOM24L70SCP, and i dont see how to add another circuit to it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the wire coming in to feed the box has a white, a green and a black
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: the spots for the 2 breakers are not connected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: so i dont see how the line gets to the second breaker
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. So I can understand your question better, upload a picture of it and tell em if you need a single or double pole breaker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told this was set up for 240, but I don't see how. I want to put in 2ct tandem breakers for 4 120v circuits
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm used to seeing the line connect to the two spots where the breakers go, do you add a jumper to get to the other one or something?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately having a GFRCI breaker and the requirement for new circuits to be AFCI protected, you 2 position box won't accommodate the change. You'll need to replace it with a 60A sub panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what if I replace that breaker with non gfci
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know how a second breaker would receive power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've heard afci causes problems sometimes
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
To power the unused position you need to splice a pair of jumpers to the incoming wire and feed both lugs. Bear in mind you won't have 240V, both will be 120A. The GFCI must be there for a reason and they don't make twin AFCI breakers. At best you can only get 2 circuits on that box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was going to put a gfci outlet first. So I just jump a wire from the top of one breaker to the next, including the larger line coming in?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
NO! You disconnect the black wire and splice a double jumper to it and then connect to the 2 lugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Anytime, You're welcome.

Related Electrical Questions