How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 1425
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to wire a sub panel to a detached garage. the main panel

Customer Question

I want to wire a sub panel to a detached garage. the main panel is in the home 150ft away I'm going to dig 18+ inches and install 2 1/2inch pvc conduit. what size feeder wires should I use to power 60 amp sub panel?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steven Parent replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist your with your electrical questions. To be sure to keep a minimal volt drop out in the garage you can run #4 AWG feeders and a #6 ground. Install a 2 pole 60 amp breaker in your main panel. Be sure to remove the bonding screw between the neutral and ground bus in the sub panel if there is one. And you should be good to go.