Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

We suspects a bad breaker after 21 years use we wish to remove

Customer Question

We suspects a bad breaker after 21 years use we wish to remove this breaker and replace with new one how do we remove it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: This 20 amp breaker will not stay reset it runs refrigator & garbage disposal
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: For a mobile home Siemens Breaker box
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Temporarily locate another 20 amp breaker and swap the hot wires and see if the other breaker works OK. If so, then replace the original faulty breaker. 2) If the breaker needs to be replaced, you can kill power to the entire panel by turning the main breaker to the OFF position and then gently wiggle the branch breaker to remove it. Once the breaker has become somewhat loose, then pull it out of the hot bus bar. Remove the hot wire and re-terminate the hot wire to the replacement breaker and then re-install onto the hot bus bar. Restore power at the main breaker and at the 20 amp breaker and test the appliances if working OK. 3) Whenever working inside a live panel, make sure you remove all jewelry for safety reasons.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks.............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks.........Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...............Kevin:)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.