Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I am try trying to install a ceiling fan with an old light

Customer Question

I am try trying to install a ceiling fan with an old light fixture but it doesn't seem to have a ground wire coming out of the light fixture box
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have an old light fixture that I took down and I'm trying to replace it with a ceiling fan but the ground wire is not in the old light fixture box in the ceiling
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: There's just a white wire and a black wire coming out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Is the ceiling box metal or PVC plastic? 2) Was the ceiling box wired using metal conduit or an electrical cable? 3) What is the approximate age of the home?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks.............Kevin:)