How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- Your Own Question
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 41
Experience:  Journeyman Electrician, Lead Man (Sub-Foreman) at Romanoff Electric
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ac/dc power converter from apex that has gone

Customer Question

Hi. I have an ac/dc power converter from apex that has gone bad, I also have some cord damage. Model no. is APEXTWN-16888Y. Do you know where I can get parts? Or do I need replacement parts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Can you please re-confirm the model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
APEXTWN-16888Y. Batch number:(###) ###-####
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I cannot find any information on this model number.I will check if another expert can assist...
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** welcome to just answer!Any other information on this device,i.e., is it a 24 volt ac-dc power supply , is it multi channel ?I did a quick search on the apexcctv website and received no information about this model.In all likely hood I would go to apex and price a replacement depending upon what it actually does, then search places like Amazon to see how reputable their parts are.When a power supply fails out "in the field" it's usually a terminal situation to the device, and is not worth the time to repair because the transformer portion is usually what has failed/ burnt up, likely what caused the damage you see on your power cord.Since this is a proprietary piece of equipment, you will likely have to buy a new unit .