How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kevin Your Own Question
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 3542
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Kevin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Elect problem in our double wide mobil home about 40 yrs .

Customer Question

Elect problem in our double wide mobil home about 40 yrs . we had problems in past with one circuit on kichen tripping but it could be reset but this time no About 1/2 no power. Outlets show red but insufficient power and sometime when you switch something on something else goes out. A handeman elect guy did a lot of checking but is still stumped
Any Ideas ?? l
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) 1st off, a handyman should never be hired to troubleshoot and correct electrical problems as they are not licensed electricians. Sorry to say, but handymen did not pass a rigorous electrical code examination and they are not qualified as an electrician in my opinion. Your hired the wrong person for the job. A competent electrician will be able to resolve the problem. 2) A double wide home will contain a cable or a junction splice box in the underside that divides the home power into 2 separate sections. Possibly an open on one of the circuits or a loose wire splice ? 3) An AC voltmeter will be required to troubleshoot the problem and take some voltage measurements.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...................Kevin:)

Related Electrical Questions