How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7497
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My home is old and i have a couple rooms with two prong receptacles

Customer Question

my home is old and i have a couple rooms with two prong receptacles , i understand they can be replaced by three prong receptacles but have to be gfci protected and marked no equipment ground, cant i just install a gfci type breaker and which would protect the hole circuit
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Yes, that is one of the ways to do it. The alternative is a GFCI receptacle in the lead of the circuit.

Related Electrical Questions