Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Trying to bod a job Trench minimum 30” cover (dirt) hand/machine

Customer Question
digand place conduit and items...
trying to bod a job Trench minimum 30” cover (dirt) hand/machine digand place conduit and items bid**
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: try to bid per foot , to dog a trench 30'' , lay conduit and put fiber optic cable inside conduit
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electrical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i want the price in dirt area and rock area
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/10/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. 1) Depending upon your hourly labor costs, including the cost of renting a Ditch Witch machine, the cost per foot including the Ditch Witch rental cost will be anywhere from $10.00 per foot up to $21.00 per foot including Ditch Witch machine rental costs. This price does not include conduit or fiber cable material costs or the labor to install the conduit or fiber or terminations. Mark-up the hourly rental cost of the Ditch Witch by a minimum of 15%. 2) I would allow for an additional 5 to 10 minutes of hourly labor cost per foot for back-filling the trench plus the cost of additional soil and/or grass seed for final grade and leveling. Mark-up the material cost of any additional dirt or grass seed by a minimum of 15%. 3) If you are picking up the Ditch Witch from a local rental store, I would also add on an additional 2 hours of labor cost and some gas mileage to cover for windshield time. 4) I would also include a minimum of another hourly labor cost or so to document and provide an "as-built" drawing showing the conduit layout and dimensions from property reference points or property boundary or easements. 5) Approximately 6" below final grade, install a Warning Ribbon Tape along the entire underground conduit run to provide a warning that a LINE exists below the surface. 6) Also include the rental cost and labor if a rental tamping machine is required for the backfill.
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks...............Kevin:)
If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you. Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off. Thanks..............Kevin:)
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor