Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Is it safe to wire two double sockets to water heater switch

Customer Question

Is it safe to wire two double sockets to water heater switch on fuseboard
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) No it is not safe. The water heater should reside on it's own dedicated circuit and not shared with any other loads. Higher wattage appliances such as water heaters require their own dedicated circuits so as not to overload and blow a fuse.

2) If additional receptacles are required, they can either be tapped onto another receptacle circuit if the loads permit or a new receptacle circuit will be required.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)