How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ProGrade Your Own Question
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 547
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
ProGrade is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a house built in 1995. Power comes in to a detached

Customer Question

,I have a house built in 1995. Power comes in to a detached shop through a combo meter/breaker panel (200 A service). All of the markings on the box are gone except a UL sticker which reads "UL Class CTL Enclosed Panelboard N0. FN 793727" I need to find out the specs on this box because I had an inspector say he would not accept a 125amp breaker in the panel unless I can demonstrate to him that the panel is rated for installation of a 125 amp breaker
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Can you send a picture of the panel especially the main breaker with cover (s) removed? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are four photos. Let me know if you need more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The nearest thing I can find is an Eaton / Cutler Hammer MBE2040B200BTS combo box with feed through lugs for feeding the main house sub-panel
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
That's very good info. I will find specs & let you know. Thank you
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
...and though the inspector is correct for current products - they are rated for Maximum 70 or 100 depending on panel. I will have to check with manufacturer for rating of your panel. I will let you know when I hear from them. Thanks
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention, I found the specifications for your panel but it did not mention the max bunch circuit breaker size
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you hear from the manufacturer on the rating of the panel? Also, who was the manufacturer and what was the model number?
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.
Not yet. Eaton per your model number above

Related Electrical Questions