Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have an older Master Electric motor HY 81583 Style 337976…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Master Electric motor HY 81583 Style 337976 Frame J56C 1.5HP.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Recently moved the location of the motor and reconnected but didn't make note of the exact previous connection. Now, I blow the circuit. It runs on 110v. I can send a picture. it has 4 posts, 2 of which are labeled 1 and 2. #1 still a black cut wire attached, so I attached the white to 2 and it blew.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 7 days by:
4/12/2016
Electrician: MasterFixIt, Electrical Technician replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Electrical Technician
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.I will need more details on this unit , Im sure I can help you fix this but please dont try any more mis wiring lol.Just please explain what this motor is for and what controls it etc? And why you moved it?And I will be happy to assist you ;-)Thank youTech Michael
Mike, Master Electrician