Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 9 wire marathon electric motor. Trying to hook it

Customer Question

I have a 9 wire marathon electric motor. Trying to hook it up to a wheel chair lift in the house. However the lift has numbers on the wires and the motor has colors. I don't know what wire on the motor hooks up to the wires on the lift. the old motor was a 1/3 hp with 6 wires.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Electrician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it i think.....
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hello,There should be wiring information on the label on the motor. Please attach a photo if you are unsure what to follow.You then just need to source the wiring information or the lift.Let me know the make and model number of the lift system if you need further assistance with this...Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?