Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) You have 2 choices here to control the new fan as shown below:
A) Install the fan and connect it to the vanity light and the existing wall switch will control the fan and the vanity light simultaneously.
B) Install a new wall switch next to the existing vanity light switch (assuming that the switch box contains a neutral wire) and then install Romex cable from the switch box up to the fan. In this application, the existing switch will control the vanity light and the new switch will control the fan.
2) The power feed to a new switch is accomplished by installing a pigtail splice from the vanity switch and jumpered over to the fan switch.
I see that you created duplicate questions. please stick with this one question.
I provided you with the 2 options in my original reply.
1) Do you want the fan controlled by a separate wall switch?
2) Does the wall switch box contain a group of white neutral wires that are spliced together?
3) How many amps is the circuit breaker that controls the bathroom vanity light? 15 or 20 amp breaker?