Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am preparing to connect a "Bestek 2000W Power Converter"

Customer Question
as a backup for a...
I am preparing to connect a "Bestek 2000W Power Converter" as a backup for a freezer that is kept in our garage. (We just moved into this house, which does not have space for a freezer in the kitchen). In December 2015 we lost $600 worth of wild Alaskan King Salmon -- which is something we buy every year from our friends at Key Largo Fisheries.
As I look at the instructions, it is not clear how long this unit will continue to keep the temperature below freezing; five minutes - say, in a short blackout, an hour?, 24 hours? Any thoughts?
Jim Mattson (###) ###-####
Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I give up on waiting. Please contact me on my cellphone,(###) ###-#### ***** landline(###) ###-####
James S Mattson
3/11/2016
Electrician: ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor

Hi James, welcome to justanswer.com

I need more info to answer your question.

What is the full load amps on the freezer?

What is the ampere-hour rating of the battery?

Is the battery new, if not how old?

Thanks, Ken