Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My name is ***** *****. And my issue is designing an RV park…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. And my issue is designing an RV park in Texas with 53 50 amp sites and utility power for lighting, RV/boat storage bldgs. and 9 parking lot lights (100 watt LED). There need to be future capacity for and office/club house (200 amp) and a pump station (50 amp).

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am trying to calculate the total load at this point. I was planning on setting eight subpanels in the RV site area and 1 utility panel for the parking lot lighting, RV/boat storage receptacles and lighting.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
3/4/2016
Electrician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, you are asking a lot more than a single question here, but for electrical engineering or design services. The total load calculations required by the electric utility will require the project electrical engineering, the total load numbers will not be accepted without that.

If you supply a scaled drawing of the site and location of all utilities showing distances of the runs, and allow me two or threed days to do the calculations and produce the needed conceptual diagrams you might be able to take that to the local building inspection authority and get a permit. That will be a two day additional service charge if you are interested.

Otherwise you need to talk to an electrical engineering firm (Cost $3000 range) or work with a licensed electrical contractor who can do the design as part of his job, and pull the needed permit.

Let me know your preference, we can go from there.

Mike, Master Electrician