Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

This is ***** *****. replacing dishwasher. old one has two…

Customer Question
This is ***** *****. ...

This is ***** *****.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Replacing dishwasher. old one has two electrical lines. I simply want to install a box and receptacle for the new dishwasher that has a plug. which do I use?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/27/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the cabinet area under the sink already contain an existing duplex receptacle? If so, is 1/2 of the receptacle switched and the other receptacle 1/2 is always "live"?

2) Does the sink area also contain a cord & plug connected garbage disposal?

Mike, Master Electrician