How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7529
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is, i purchased a home with a track lighting fixture

Customer Question

hi my name is sarah
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best, Sarah.
Customer: i purchased a home with a track lighting fixture with LED lights - two of which have gone out
JA: Sometimes, Sarah, electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Electrician now?
Customer: there is no brand name on the fixture only a vendor number, and i cannot figure out how to remove the light bulb
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. More than likely you only need a lamp replacement. Remove the head and take it to one of the home centers for a replacement lamp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a home with a track lighting fixture - with no brand name or information on how to remove the LED light bulbs, yet two have gone out. All the information I have is a vendor #. I have taken it apart as much as I can, but cannot get the bulb out to get it replaced. It is vendor # ***** I have a photo if you need one.. it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more photo attached
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Look at the face of the lamp. The wire ring is what hold the lamp in. Push the ends together and the lamp will drop and you can unplug it. It looks like a MR16 lamp available at any home center or Ace hardware.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Still here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok great. so what do you think? i should do? do you recognize the maker? so i could find the user manual?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like so many others that are made in China. Don't why you need a manual when I told you how to replace the lamp. It could very well be a Hampton Bay or a Harbor Breeze. Sold by Home Depot and Lowe's. If you Google "MR16 led lamp" you'll see the replacement which fits every fixture of that type.