Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My name is, i purchased a home with a track lighting fixture…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is sarah

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best, Sarah.

I purchased a home with a track lighting fixture with LED lights - two of which have gone out

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes, Sarah, electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Electrician now?

There is no brand name on the fixture only a vendor number, and i cannot figure out how to remove the light bulb

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/26/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. More than likely you only need a lamp replacement. Remove the head and take it to one of the home centers for a replacement lamp.

Look at the face of the lamp. The wire ring is what hold the lamp in. Push the ends together and the lamp will drop and you can unplug it. It looks like a MR16 lamp available at any home center or Ace hardware.

are you still there?

Still here.

ok great. so what do you think? i should do? do you recognize the maker? so i could find the user manual?

It looks like so many others that are made in China. Don't why you need a manual when I told you how to replace the lamp. It could very well be a Hampton Bay or a Harbor Breeze. Sold by Home Depot and Lowe's. If you Google "MR16 led lamp" you'll see the replacement which fits every fixture of that type.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician