Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My name is ***** *****. My issue regards a gfci outlet,

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. My issue regards ***** ***** outlet, located in a shed, that keeps tripping. Three outlets run off of this gfci, therefore none of the outlets work.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My issue regards ***** ***** outlet, located in a shed, that keeps tripping. Three outlets run off of this gfci, therefore none of the outlets work.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
Feed goes to gfci, three outlets and one shop light run from the gfci. Only 1 feed, gfci has been working for over 3 years. It has just rained, however, have had more rain in the past and has never tripped the gfci.
2/24/2016
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

are you getting condensation in the shed.................any water go into the light?...............do tools rust in there?..............it could be that the primary GFCI is failing now.......have you tried replacing it or maybe switching it out with one of the others?............make sure LINE and LOAD wires are correct if you do replace it

Thanks

eddie

It does get moisture within the shed. However, I installed the gfci within a box that is suitable for wet locations

since it does stay on to test it............. I would change it and not put any load on it, test it there and then go one by one to each outlet and test them to see where the problem lies