Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I need to replace a Kohler Bravura shower tub diverter valve…

Customer Question
I need to replace a...
I need to replace a Kohler Bravura shower tub diverter valve and can't figure out how to get to the valve without taking off the whole spigot.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
My question is a plumbing question but the confirmation says I am matched with an electrician.
2/21/2016
Electrician: canuck the pro, Handyman replied 2 years ago
canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. To remove the diverter in the spout, pull the diverter button up and hold the diverter post and unscrew the button from the end of the post then the diverter and post will come out from underneath.

Is the plastic piece the diverter post?

No, the thing you pull up to divert the water is the button and the post. Two pieces. You might need a pair of channel lock pliers to hold the post part and the button on the end of it screws off. You were turning the whole thing before but the button screws off then everything comes out underneath.....drops out.

Hold the part that goes through the hole and and the knob screws off.

I will try that so I'll wait to rate you until I see if your instructions work. Fair?

More than fair. I will certainly continue to help as long as you like.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Without a response from you I am not able to tell if you found the information helpful. Did you find it helpful or is there any other information that I could provide?