Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

All the lights in my house are flickering. This also happens…

Customer Question
All the lights in my...
All the lights in my house are flickering. This also happens in all electrical outlets. It is not that lights turn off and on. Nor it is that it occurs continuosly. The lights go from lower intensity to normal sometimes flickering fast and sometimes slow. This happens day or night at any moment. It occurs each day. I dont have a fridge, computer and air conditioer installed yet. Would like to know what causes this. Could this flickering harm my electrical appliances.
thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/19/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Flickering is the sign of a bad connection. It may be in your panel if all outlets are showing flickering or it may be a utility problem ahead of your service. If you have a 2 wire voltage tester, I can instruct you on determining which it is and if it is in your panel, how to correct it.

Hello Mike G
Sorry for not replyng before. The problem was fixed this morning by my nephew's friend who happen to have a great deal of knowledge about electricity. I don't know how he did it because I was away since yesterday and just returned home now.
Thanks for your help. C M *****

Very good, thanks for letting me know.

Dear ***** G thanks for your help and offer. However, as I don't have any other need to consult JustAnswer, I have been trying to close my account but to no avail. Why is it so hard to do it? Will I have to write directly to the company?
regards
***** * ******