Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I live in a 1953 home and the bathroom Thermador wall heater…

Customer Question
I live in a 1953...
I live in a 1953 home and the bathroom Thermador wall heater element just burned out. Can I find a replacement somewhere?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/17/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Chances are slim, but if you give me a model number I'll check on it.

It's a flush mount and I don't see a model number. I guess I'll have to remove it from the wall which will be quite a feat because the screws are rusted out.

Should have nameplate under cover.

The unit is actually one piece. If you can undo the screws, the whole thing comes out of the wall. There is no cover.

I'm sorry but with out a model number there isn't anything I can do. I'll opt out and possibly another expert may be able to help. Stand by.

Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............Is there a way you could upload a picture?..............second have you thought of replacing it to a newer upgraded unit instead of just the element ?

Problem solved. It just started working again. Thanks for your help.

no problem............anytime