Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Two electricians are discussing OCPDs. Electrician A says…

Customer Question
Two electricians are discussing...

Two electricians are discussing OCPDs. Electrician A says that clothes closets are ideal locations forpanelboards with circuit breakers because it hides them from view of nonoccupants. Electrician B saysbathrooms are a preferred location for the panelboard so that they conform to ready access requirements.Which of the following statements is correct?

Contractor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?

1. The calculating load requirements for a single-family dwelling, which of the following would not beconsidered in the fixed-appliance calculation?A. DryerB. DishwasherC. Water heaterD. Food disposer2. A 3,000 square-foot, one-family dwelling contains the following: three, small-appliance 20 A branchcircuits and one laundry 20 A circuit, a 7 kW electric range, a 5 kW water heater, a 3 kW dryer, and a1000 VA blower motor. What is the total general load in VA using the optional calculation method?A. 17,800 VAB. 18,400 VAC. 17,400 VAD. 12,400 VA3. When making a load calculation, the NEC permits you to round to the nearest whole ampere, droppingdecimal fractions smaller thanA. 0.25.B. 0.75.C. 0.50.D. 0.49.4. Two electricians are discussing OCPDs. Electrician A says that clothes closets are ideal locations forpanelboards with circuit breakers because it hides them from view of nonoccupants. Electrician B saysbathrooms are a preferred location for the panelboard so that they conform to ready access requirements.Which of the following statements is correct?A. Only Electrician B is correct.B. Neither electrician is correct.C. Only Electrician A is correct.D. Both electricians are correct.5. If a circuit contains portions of different ampacities, the higher ampacity is permitted to be used for theentire circuit if the lower-ampacity conductor runs for the lesser of 10-feet in length or _______ percent ofthe circuit length.A. 49B. 15C. 20D. 106. The NEC requires that a fuse or an overcurrent trip unit of a circuit breaker be connected in series witheach ungroundedA. neutral.B. conductor.C. device.D. panel.7. A clothes dryer in a one-family dwelling is rated at 3000 VA. What is the neutral load demand?A. 5000 VAB. 2100 VAC. 3850 VAD. 3500 VA8. The NEC states that when a small conductor such as 12 AWG copper isn't considered to be either a tapconductor or a transformer secondary conductor, its overcurrent protection may not exceed _______amperes.A. 30B. 15C. 20D. 259. Which of the following is not considered service equipment?A. Meter socket enclosuresB. Disconnecting meansC. Circuit breakersD. Panelboards10. What is the general lighting load for a dwelling unit with a total area of 2,800 square feet?A. 7500 VAB. 8400 VAC. 5000 VAD. 8500 VA11. For installations consisting of not more than one 2-wire branch circuit, the NEC requires that theservice disconnecting means shall have a rating of not less than _______ amperes.A. 20B. 30C. 25D. 1512. According to the NEC, which of the following is not required to be marked on conductors and cables?A. Proper type lettersB. Maximum temperature ratingC. AWG sizeD. Maximum voltage rating13. Calculate the general lighting load for a one-family dwelling with a total living area measuring 25′ × 70′.A. 5250 VAB. 583 VAC. 3500 VAD. 5400 VA14. Two electricians are discussing voltage rating of circuit breakers. Electrician A says that a circuitbreaker marked 120/240V is acceptable for a circuit that doesn't exceed 220 V between any twoconductors. Electrician B says that a circuit breaker marked only 240 V wouldn't be acceptable in the sameapplication. Which of the following statements is correct?A. Only Electrician B is correct.B. Neither electrician is correct.C. Both electricians are correct.D. Only Electrician A is correct.15. Which of the following is not a standard ampere rating for a fuse according to the NEC?A. 225AB. 200AC. 175AD. 220A16. Two electricians are discussing Edison-Base fuses. Electrician A says that he plans to install them in anew building where no circuit is over 125 volts or 30 amperes. Electrician B says that when replacing anexisting installation, you must check for tampering. Which of the following statements is correct?A. Only Electrician B is correct.B. Only Electrician A is correct.C. Neither electrician is correct.D. Both electricians are correct.17. What is the correct conductor size for a copper Type THW conductor used in a 120/240 V, 3-wire,single-phase dwelling service or feeder rated at 200 amperes?A. 2/0B. 2C. 1/0D. 3/0End of exam18. Which of the following is not an acceptable insulation type for an operating temperature of 167°F?A. TWB. THWC. THWND. THHW19. When calculating demand load for a single-family residence which of the following is a true statementconcerning heating and air conditioning units?A. The larger load of the two is included in the calculations.B. Both heating and air conditioning units are included in the calculations.C. The smaller load of the two is included in the calculations.D. Neither heating nor air conditioning units are included in the calculations.20. A one-family dwelling contains the following 120 V appliances, fastened in place, supplied by the samefeeder: food disposer—750 VA; dishwasher—1450 VA; trash compactor—900 VA; two attic fans—750VA each; water heater—8000 VA. What is the fixed-appliance line load for this dwelling?A. 9450 VAB. 7088 VAC. 12,600 VAD. 8888 VA

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/17/2016
Electrician: akch2002, Electrical Engineer replied 2 years ago
akch2002
akch2002, Electrical Engineer

I can reply these questions if you forward the relevant text material and wordfile/PDF of these questions.