Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I would like to know if anyone has experiance in wiring a nj…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know if anyone has experiance in wiring a nj distillery.
If so did it have to be done using class 1 division 2 wiring methods
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/16/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I would consider a distillery to be a Class 1 Division 1 location and not a Division 2 location as outlined in NEC Article 501.1 Scope.

The primary hazards in craft distilling are fire and explosion. Fire can occur when vapors from flammable organic compounds such as ethanol are released from leaks in tanks, casks, and equipment such as transfer pumps, pipes, and flexible hoses. Dust from processing grain and combustion from wood floors, casks, and racks can also cause fires or explosions. A vapor explosion can occur if enough vapors are released in an enclosed space with ignition sources present.

2) Standard vapor and explosion proof wiring methods such as threaded Rigid Metal Conduit, conduit seals, sealed fittings and explosion proof boxes would be required.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor