Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am trying to replace the power switch on a craftsman table…

Customer Question
I am trying to replace...
I am trying to replace the power switch on a craftsman table saw with a paddle switch. The saw has a lr2459 motor with a black, red and white wire. Which is a ground?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/15/2016
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

is your saw rigged for 220 line voltage ?

120 I believe

does the old switch have the same 3 wires ................because it is probably for the safety

It is all te hsame wires from the old switch. The new paddle switch has 4 spots for black and white from both power and motor

do you think it would be possible to upload a picture for me?

No. I am just trying to figure out why the motor has a red, black and white as opposed to black white and green like the power cordend
You still there

okay I am going to opt out and maybe a colleague will have a different idea on it ...........I didnt ask to be rated so dont click on it or you will get charged

good luck

Thanks
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'mMike G and I'll be assisting you. The model number you gave comes up as a fractional fan motor. Please check the nameplate. I also need the manufacturer name. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor?

I meant dissassembling the table saw. Which I really don't want to dothe

Am I correct, is this a motorized table saw? If so, Sears would be the source for a switch replacement. Let me know and I'll check it out.

I am replacing the original switch with a large paddle switch that is safer

I'll keep looking for the wiring info, but don"t know that I can give you an answer. The model number didn't allow for any info. If I can find an original switch, I may be able to tell you how to wire your switch. I"ll get back to you when I have something.