Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We replaced ground faults and plugs - double duplex -

Customer Question
wirered exactly as we took...
we replaced ground faults and plugs - double duplex - wirered exactly as we took them out . Now they don't work, but little lite is on so we know there is power to outlet
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/14/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a 2 wire AC voltage tester or an AC voltmeter available to confirm the LINE voltage at the GFCI?

2) Does the GFCI have a LOAD side connection? If so, make sure that you did not reverse the LINE and LOAD side wiring connections at the GFCI.

Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi I will need more information and have you met the instruction from Kevin?