Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am installing a new ceiling light in the hallway [there…

Customer Question
I am installing a new...
I am installing a new ceiling light in the hallway [there has not been one their before], i am running the mains from the flex supplying the switch in the lounge and have run the live to the com on the new switch and the neutral to a plastic connector. The connection to the ceiling rose is as follows, live from L1 in the switch and neutral to corresponding live and neutral in ceiling rose. However, test shows power at ceiling rose but bulb will not light in socket
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/12/2016
Electrician: Steven Parent,
 replied 2 years ago
Steven Parent

Good day, my name is ***** ***** me see if I can assist you with your issue. When you are testing the power at the ceiling, are you using a meter?