How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ProGrade Your Own Question
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 562
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
ProGrade is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 175 sub panel outside of the house. It has 125

Customer Question

I have a 175 sub panel outside of the house. It has 125 going into the house master panel and two 40 amp 240 volt breakers for two ac units. Can I add a 50 amp 240 breaker for charging an electric vehicle?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kush, welcome to

You would probably be OK with the addition of the charger circuit due to load diversity - not all loads on or starting at the same time. It would be better to perform a load calculation to be sure.

I will submit anew Offer For Additional Services for you to look at to determine if you would like that much detail. If you decide to accept the additional offer I will need details on all of the connected electrical loads.

If you decide not to proceed please rate my service. Thank you