Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Can I use Black 6-3 Romex NM- W/G Wire to provide power from…

Customer Question
Can I use Black 6-3...
Can I use Black 6-3 Romex NM-B W/G Wire to provide power from an interior subpanel to a SPA GFCI disconnect?
It will be run under the house attached to the joists and the GFCI will be mounted on the outside wall. From there we will run 6AWG THHN in conduit to the spa.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/4/2016
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I provided you the answer on your original question.

2) Please don't duplicate questions as it causes confusion here with the system...........Thanks............Kevin:)

Kevin,
What is the best way to hang the 6awg 3 w/g NM romex to the joist? Staple? How large does it need to be if it is...
thanks

Personally, I don't like using staples as they can accidentally puncture or skin the cable insulation. On larger NM Romex cable such as 6/3 type, I use either a 3/8" or a 1/2" one hole strap and then I slightly squeeze the clamp together to secure the able in place. NM Romex cable must be supported a maximum of 4'-6" intervals and within 12" of a box or a conduit body.

See link shown below:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/one%2520hole%2520strap?NCNI-5

THANK YOU!

No problem, glad to assist.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)