Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Wiring a Marathon electric motor. I want to operate off 120…

Customer Question
wiring a Marathon electric...

wiring a Marathon electric motor. I want to operate off 120 volt Is Line 1 (red/blue/orange) the 120 volt line (black wire) and the Line 2 (black, white, yellow) the neutral (white wire)?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The Motor is a marathon 3/4 hp. On the side of the motor there is a wiring diagram that shows a "low voltage" hookup as grouping the wire colours as listed above. It labels the inputs as Line 1 and Line 2. Rather than Line and Neutral. Just wondering if I am getting this correct?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
2/1/2016
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Your instincts are correct. L1 would be for the 120 volt hot connection, and L2 would be for the neutral connection.

Thank you.

You are most welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you? Would you like me to stand by while you connect it and test it?