Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Water heater ground wire plate
, sure. I am changing…

Customer Question
Water heater ground wire...

Water heater ground wire plate

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure. I am changing the elements in my water heater. The bottom element is quite rusted and I cant get it off,. While looking at it, on the ground wire plate, bottom, which actually has the ground wire attached, has broken off from the plate. so the ground wire, is attached to a floating piece of metal, which is then attached to the tank, Is this a grounding issue? Do I need to replace the plate?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
1/30/2016
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You'll need to reattach the ground. It's placement is for a safe operation.